Wednesday 17 February 2010

Using Google Maps V3

The first step in preparing a display of the GPS location of the camera images has been implemented: in the single picture display mode, below the image a map is shown, in the instance when a GPS coordinate is available.

I have used the latest version of Google Maps, which is V3. This is supposed to work also on mobile phones - however, on Windows Mobile Internet Explorer the Google Map does not show up (same problems as with version 2), and in Opera Mobile, the whole image area did not show up (this might have to do with this area being in an IFRAME, I think that Opera does not like Iframes). So as for now, despite all my efforts on automatically resizing the web page down to mobile phone screen size, I do not have this yes working. I may have to replace the IFRAME with an Ajax method, and have to query if it is running on Windows Mobile IE - then disable the Google Maps display. Quite annoying...

No comments:

Post a Comment